Testing & Warnings
Effects of Hanging at Angles
Cable locks can be used to suspend objects safely at angles of up to 60 degrees from the vertical. However, suspension at angles does reduce the safe working load per the table below.
|WC8-25||1,100 lbs||1,060 lbs||950 lbs||775 lbs||550 lbs|
|WC6-23||640 lbs||625 lbs||559 lbs||455 lbs||325 lbs|
|WC4-18||250 lbs||240 lbs||215 lbs||175 lbs||125 lbs|
|WC3-12||150 lbs||144 lbs||129 lbs||105 lbs||75 lbs|
|WC2-6||75 lbs||72 lbs||64.5 lbs||52.5 lbs||37.5 lbs|
▪All Dyna-Tites have been independently tested to five times their allowable working load by one or more of the following independent laboratories:
▪ RADCO inc, Long Beach CA
▪ SMACNA testing and Research Institute
▪ New York Testing Laboratories
ALWAYS FOLLOW THE INSTALLATION INSTRUCTIONS BELOW. There are many variables to be considered when installing Dyna-Tite cables and affixing them to upper attachments. The contractor is solely responsible for selecting the appropriate Dyna-Tite product for the specific circumstances of each installation. The contractor must select the appropriate Dyna-Tite product that meets the approval of the mechanical engineer and complies with all applicable codes and job specifications.
As a matter of sound engineering practice, the Dyna-Tite assembly must be located no closer than 12 inches to the suspension point. In the case of round duct, where the wire rope encircles the duct, the Dyna-Tite must be located the distance of one diameter from the duct wall. Adherence to these minimum clearances will distribute the load the most efficiently among all duct hanging components.
• ALWAYS CONFIRM ENGAGEMENT OF CABLE LOCK ON WIRE BEFORE APPLYING THE LOAD: By pushing the adjustment pin in the opposite direction of the arrows on the cable lock and then pulling the cable also in the opposite direction of the arrows on the cable lock.
• PULL ADJUSTMENT PIN BACK AND PASS WIRE ROPE THROUGH DYNA-TITE CABLE LOCK: Failure to pull adjustment pin first may cause damage to serrated teeth and reduce holding capacity.
• TO ENSURE HANGING SYSTEM INTEGRITY AND SAFETY: Use only Duro Dyne wire rope.
• WORKING LOAD LIMIT (WLL) MUST FALL WITHIN THE STATED WORKING LOAD RANGE OF THE CABLE LOCK: Each product is load rated and incorporates a minimum safety factor of 5:1. This WLL takes into account the specification criteria of the Dyna-Tite Cable Lock and the wire rope.
• Do not use on coated wire rope: It is important to maintain the metal to metal contact between the locking pawls in the Dyna-Tite and the wire rope.
• Spray painting: of the Dyna-Tite Cable Hanging System after installation is acceptable, at the installing contractors discretion, if the installing contractor physically confirms engagement of each cable lock on the cable prior to and after painting, and in strict accordance with the Dyna-Tite Installation Instructions. Brush painting is not acceptable. Do not paint Cable or Cable Lock prior to installation. Do not reposition Cable Lock after painting.
• Do not apply lubricant: to any part of the assembly as this will alter the surface nature of the wire rope and attract dirt and debris.
• Do not use for lifting: (Under Hook slings) This product is designed for static load applications only.
• Keep the product clean and free from dirt: Any dirt should be removed from the product prior to assembly.
• Inspect periodically: Upon inspection, discard and replace if worn, distorted, or damaged.
• Remove damaged wire ends: Using a designated pair of wire rope cutters prior to inserting into the Dyna-Tite Cable Lock.
• When installing Duro Dyne Dyna-Tite cable attachments: to buildings or equipment careful consideration must be made to the attachment method and the material being attached to. It is the responsibility of the installer for the proper selection, installation and appropriateness of the attachment to the job specifications and any codes. Duro Dyne can give general guidance, but any questions regarding this should ultimately be directed to the project engineer of the job.
• For dry locations only
• Do not use in chlorinated atmospheres such as pools and natatorium
• Gymnasium installs muce be using locking cable locks only